|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
|Embrace The Baldy (14-3 Bristol/Cardiff Regionals)||26||16||9||1.0|
|How Does This Deck Even Work? : GJ Rains GenCon 2017 Top 16||5||4||4||1.0|
|The Cursed - Greek Nationals 2017 King of Swiss||14||9||4||1.0|
|King of the sea - 8/2 - 22nd at Stahleck||3||1||2||1.0|
Using this deck i have been able to go 29-3 only counting swiss games and 37-7(+ cut games) over 5 major tournaments, three Regionals which i placed well in.
3rd in Bristol (59p), 2nd in Cardiff (28p) and 1st in London (52p). I came 6th place at Blackwater (82p) and 9th place after being crowned King of swiss at Fleabottom fracas (197p) which was also FFG Polish Nationals. Fracas tourney report below.
GAME 1 vs MENNO - Greyjoy Banner Dragon
- I Open Euron Crow's Eye reducer roseroad to his Great Kraken, Iron Mine, Plaza of Pride, Iron Fleet Scout and Wildling Bandit. Turn one i play Summer Harvest into Time of Plenty. I go first and with euron on the board i really want that plaza. I Play Newly-Made Lord to blow up the plaza and Chintarion . He plays another Plaza of Pride and i'm like "dang". Also plays Theon and another chud i think. I intrigue first challenge he unopposed. Play We Do Not Sow on the plaza. Then Pillage the third plaza off the top of the deck and steal it with Euron. Next turn I Marched to the Wall to go first, play Asha duped he doesn't have many characters and between all the unopposed and scary man intimidating everything down he cant do much. Turn 3 Rise of the Kraken win.
GAME 2 vs RAFAL - Greyjoy Fealty
- I setup Victarion two Reducers and a Roseroad to his 3 locations and a single Wildling Scout or something. With Chintarion on the board i can be aggressive and intimidate him down because of his lack of characters. Turn one I open Summer Harvest to his Counting Coppers. I play Asha Greyjoy and he doesn't play much more than a chud. I get 3 unopposed and kneel his board down preventing him from attacking me. I'm up 5-6 power at this point. I want to go first again and he only has one character so I Marched to the Wall to go first. I don't play anything of significance, but he throws down a Duped Baldy and iron mine. Challenges phase, I instill fear into the Iron Mine to get the dupe off Varys so I could flip Valar but that was stupid because Iron Mine would still be around. First mistake of the day. Dom phase I have a second Nightmares for Varys. A Wild Hand's Judgment UH OH, i have my own Handy J and opponent cries. I try and finish turn 3 with Rise of the Kraken. 3 unopposed challenges and dom win me the game before he can trigger Varys.
GAME 3 vs MICHAL - Lannister Rains
- I open King Balon, reducer, Roseroad and Iron Fleet Scout. To his duped Tyrion Lannister (Core) with Widow's Wail and The Tickler. Looks like no rains for me. Open Summer Harvest to his A Noble Cause, I go first. Play Intimidation Nation and Wendamyr. He plays Tywin with Bodyguard. Victarion intimidate was key. Balon has Little Bird on so attempted to get the rains off I would have stood Vic for two intimidates. He blocks fully but can't do any challenges back. Turn two I March to the Wall my chud for his Tickler, he plays Time of Plenty. He drops a Tywin dupe, Jaime and Rattleshirt's Raiders. I do mil with Balon (CtA) and Victarion unopposed, so I We Do Not Sow the bodyguard. He claims the Tywin dupe so I intimidate Tywin down. Go in for a rains with Balon. He Treachery's my second Iron Fleet Scout so couldn't win by 5. He returns mil challenge, gets Little Bird off Balon and gets his rains off with Jaime. Flips into Wardens of the West, I have 4 cards left, discard two Newly-Made Lord. Intrigue claims Great Hall, Risen in hand. Next turn I Valar. Save Victarion with two power and Balon with a risen. He conceded because they all died. I was 6 power away from 15.
GAME 4 vs MATTHEW HERDMAN - Lanni Kraken
- Matthew is a meta mate from the Crosse Keys and I didn't want to beat him or him to beat me but thats the way it goes. Opened Balon, chud, Roseroad to his Victarion, chud and econ. I play Trading with the Pentoshi into his Late Summer Feast. cant let him go first with Chintarion on the board. I play Asha Greyjoy with a Little Bird with more chuds and econ. He plays Tywin Lannister, Rattleshirt's Raiders and an Iron Mine which prevents me from playing Valar turn two even though I had two Risen's in hand. No Varys. Beginning of challenges is tough because of his icon spread. We trade power and nothing big happens. Turn two I play Summer Harvest but hit his Counting Coppers. He finds a Tywin dupe and a victarion dupe with his coppers. I cry. Still No Varys. I rains into a Filthy Accusations this turn. Still trading power he's ahead though. Next turn he Marches to go first, plays the Mountain that walks and can get to 15 from renown. He goes all in and I nightmares his Victarion so he doesn't get the renown and cant intimidate my board down. He can only get to 14 before I do my challenges. I do a challenge to get myself closer to winning and let him win dom. End the 3rd or 4th turn on 14-9. I play Rise of the Kraken to His The First Snow of Winter and go first. HELLLLLOOOOOOO VARYS!!!. I play him for the stealth. Do a massive power challenge with Asha, Balon and Victarion stealthing 12 strength Tywin he opposes and i can now intimidate Tyrion so i could do an challenge stealth past Tywin, and trigger Rise of the Kraken for the win. Really intense and close game. Sorry Matt
GAME 5 vs FEDERICO FASULLO - Stark Fealty
- I saw everything I needed and he didn't see much. Saw all my big guys and dupes for them but he only drew single copies of characters and it was too late by turn 3 or so I already had Duped Balon, duped Euron and a duped Victarion Greyjoy on the board gaining power (except euron) he was married off to one of the starks.
Game 6 vs FRANKE RODERS - Lanni Rains
- We both have terrible starting hands and both mulligan. I setup 3 characters, Theon, Priest of the Drowned God, Reducer and Roseroad. But Franke gets the short end of the stick and sets up just a duped Tyrion. I obviously open Marched to the Wall to his Trading with the Pentoshi I go first and hope to draw Victarion to make it an easy game. Guess who I draw? I slap down The man onto the table instead of duped Euron because i want to keep up the pressure. He plays A Roseroad, Ser Jaime and Ser Amory Lorch. Theon goes in for a and makes quick work of Ser Amory and sends him packing up The Roseroad using WDNS. from Intimidation Nation goes unopposed and Ser Jaime is down, MAH GAWD! MAH GAWD!. HE CANT GET UP. Next turn he plays a gold plot or something but can't draw what he needs and can't play anything because I We Do Not Sow his Roseroad away so he conceded turn 3.
GAME 7 vs PIOTR - Nights Watch Summer (builders)
- I Setup 5 cards, small characters but they are really good in this matchup Maester Wendamyr, Lordsport Shipwright, Wex Pyke and a Great Hall. To his Sworn Brother with Practice Blade, The Iron Throne, Castle Black and A Roseroad. I predict a Time of Plenty or Calm Over Westeros opener so I play Summer Harvest to his Time of Plenty and as you do with wall decks, let him go first. He Milk's Lordsport Shipwright and Maester Wendamyr, plays The Wall, Grizzled Miner and a Steward at the Wall. I play Euron Crow's Eye and sit on a couple gold. I win with Euron, his Edd jumps in but not strong enough to win so he stays on the board which is exactly what I wanted. Euron pillages isle of ravens which is okay, I take that. Next turn he plays Craven on my Euron, I play Victarion and a Newly-Made Lord to blow up A Haunted Forest. Wex has 2 gold on him at this point and is doing well. his sworn brother cant participate in challenges and its his only icon on the board. I go in with wex and Vic and manage to Get his wall down intimidate makes power a lot easier. Next turn I Confiscate the Craven off Euron and he plays Here to Serve for Aemon he plays Halder with dupe and starts being very annoying. Next turn I was expecting a Duel so I played Marched to the Wall, instead he flips Valar. I save Euron with an Iron Mine and Vic with a Risen from the Sea. he marches a chud and he lets his Aemon die and saves Dolorous Edd. That turn I play duped Balon since I figure he doesn't have duel and also duped my vic. I get through the wall with intimidate. Halder makes things difficult. I win a few challenges and get 2-3 renown. He's not drawing much and is top decking at this point. next turn I manage to get through easy and then play BEST KURL SPOL IN GAEM on halder which made my life much easier. turn 6 I play duped Theon Greyjoy (TFoA) and duped Varys and at this point everyone's who matters is safe from my own valar in case I get to plot 7. I win through a power challenge and three renowns on my big dudes. Opponent on about 5 power.
GAME 8 vs RAKOVSZKY MARTON - Lannister Crossing
- We both open with 3 small guys and economy. He opens Heads on Spikes into my Summer Harvest which is weird but my opponent wouldn't be 7-0 if he was bad. He chooses to go first and spikes my Newly-Made Lord. Was shitting myself at this point because I had two Victarion's in hand. He plays duped Jaime I play duped Victarion. He gets quite high up on power, about 5-6 after his 4 challenges with Casterly Rock rock out. I get some of it back on my turn. Turn two I really want to win initiative because #Victarion vs Jaime is good. So I play Rise of the Kraken and he plays a SECOND Heads on Spikes. I go first. I have Asha Greyjoy and Littlefinger as good characters in hand but he misses spikes and hits a little bird. I go first. for 5 which he would have to block with 2 characters including jaime to win so he unopposes, claim hits Cersei Lannister and a Nightmares or something. He fully blocks my military which I could have won if I really wanted to, but him defending it opens up for an unopposed challenge claiming two off his house card which slowed him down. Turn 3 i'm thinking this is probably a rush deck since he's on nearly 10 power and hasn't done much. I know he will probably try and win initiative and I can't stop him if he plays A Clash of Kings so I play gold plot and play safe that turn. He flips A Clash of Kings and goes first. I Marshall Balon. I Try and Defend any challenges I can. But I am focused on defending the power challenge, which he initiates for his crossing. He doesn't have enough to win it, missing a lordling trigger didn't help but i have to block with Vic, Balon and Maester Wendamyr which is everyone who is left standing to win it. End of turn 3 he is on 10 power and I'm on 11. I march for initiative and win. Go first. Get two renowns off of mil, do a power for claim and an unopposed for the win.
8-0 King of swiss
TOP 32 vs DUCKBRINGER - Greyjoy Rains
- I setup duped Euron Crow's Eye and reducer to his The Reader chud and locations. I open Summer Harvest to his Time of Plenty, I choose to go first which wasn't the smartest thing to do. I have two copies of The Reader in hand but get greedy and choose to play King Balon instead (2nd mistake of the tournament) which leaves me no gold and I duped euron again. He plays Varys. I have no gold so cant get out of Varys into Marched to the Wall so I do the only thing you can do which is try and get lucky with Euron. I go all in for with both balon and Euron, unopposed to trigger rains, and flip into Power Behind the Throne. I hit a great hall, MINE!. Stand euron do and go again to hit a great kraken this time, MINE!!. Pretty GREAT. He then varys into marched. Bye bye all my Eurons. I play Trading with the Pentoshi into his marched to get characters out. He lets me go first??. Topdeck Balon. Have enough to play him with a Little Bird and asha. He Newly-Made Lord's my Iron Mine to turn his Iron Islands Market on and allow him to valar the turn after. I Nightmares his market which hurts him. He then plays a Wildling Bandit (instead of victarion i found out later). I get 3 challenges off and rains into filthy so he can't get any challenges off. Using Great Kraken to fill up my hand. Turn 3 he Valars into my Rise of the Kraken. I knew he would valar as a last resort and I wanted to apply pressure. I Risen from the Sea Balon but Asha dies. I then play The Big Man on Campus and chud and can get all 3 unopposed for the win using Balon and Great Kraken stealth. Having the Great Kraken Really made me want to play my own.
Top 16 vs KAMIL PAKOWSKI - Lannister Rains (Clansmen)
- Game going In his favour I didn't get a good setup and didn't draw into much better either. He keeps applying military pressure like crazy but I get a two good nightmares in to stop his tower of the hand. I'm on 0 power to his 9 on plot 3. I have only Balon out at this point. He has a decent board so I play duped Varys but this is where I made my mistake and took off the Varys dupe to mil claim which let him rains into The Red Wedding for the kill and ultimately the game. Bad draw and my play mistake cost me that game. I could have had a fighting chance and swung it back in my favor with Varys going off but nope.
Can't win em all. Was a great tournament. Shoutout to Don Skaven and Don Jemiollo and all those amazing people who organised the the biggest tournament of the year so far (I think). You guys are amazing and will definitely be back next year!