|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Waumsley's Buzzkill - 2nd European Melee Championship||5||3||2||1.0|
"Buzz offered me a peach. At our parley. Mocked me, defied me, threatened me, and offered me a peach. I thought he was drawing a blade and went for mine own. Was that his purpose, to make me show fear? Or was it one of his pointless jests? When he spoke of how sweet the peach was, did his words have some hidden meaning? Only Buzz could vex me with a piece of fruit."
Historians argue wether it was Wedge, Kostas or possibly Luiz... but everyone agree that the quote was spoken.
This is the deck I took to Stahleck Melee 2017 and crowned me the King of Swiss. As some of you know I love Melee and have some previous accomplishments. It's usually important for me to play a deck that interacts with the board, preferably in as many ways as possible. It's not enough for me to have a clear victory condition and be able to protect it, I want challenge control so that I don't have to rely on winning initiative(and coinflips) to win.
So after having had a headache over what to play I finally got an idea. It was based on Jakob Wåhleman's(of #TeamSweden fame, GJ Rains builder etc.) deck idea. He had built a Targ/Rose with low curve and lots of control events, but it lacked punch to end the game.
So I started looking around what houses had fun control events and loved the idea of Offer of a Peach and Melee at Bitterbridge. "Lord Renly's Ride" is playable on any character cross-board(and mid-challenge) which I find hilarious. Banner of the Wolf supplies some excellent victory-conditions in Sansa Stark (Core)& Ser Edmure Tully and Ser Edmure Tully also doubles as a control&bargaining option together with Ward and Bran Stark (Core). That Sansa Stark (Core) and Arya Stark (Core) are Ladies that I'm happy to run x3 doesn't exactly hurt either.
My biggest regret is not coming up with it earlier, I threw it together around 3AM the night before we were travelling to Stahleck...
(aside from the obvious ones like Marge & Nightmares)
- Ser Dontos Hollard - Might not deserve more than a 1x, but when I saw him he was a delight. Adequately shores up the lack of military icons.
- Calm Over Westeros - Absolutely bonkers. If you get a "too good" start, it helps you not get crushed while your opponents try to keep up. The deck is not very board-strong so it can only defend so many challenges.
- Emissary of the Hightower - Makes discarding for QoT hurt a lot less and repeat-use of stuff you only run 1x of.
- Renly's Pavilion - A massive headache for your opponents, great bargaining chip and very underrated. It was so good people where happy to Frozen Solid it over The Honeywine & The Boneway
- High Iniative Plots - Being able to control the pace of the game and flow of the game is very crucial. Most of the time it's a big advantage to go last, esp. turn one.
- Melee at Bitterbridge - While very impactful and hilarious, I found myself wishing it was something else. As a searchable 1x it might still deserve a spot though. With some tuning towards more econ it might perform better.
- Ser Edmure Tully & Riverrun Minstrel - Expensive non-lady. Great ability but I found myself marshalling other things more often than not. It's quite possible he could be cut. With some tuning towards more econ it might perform better.
- Olenna's Informant - I wouldn't cut it. But expecting to get great milage out of it is asking a lot. It wasn't hot on the day, but I expect it can do better. With some tuning towards more econ it might perform better.
- A Game of Thrones, Varys's Riddle, Your King Commands It - it's quite possible that it comes down to various, the sample size is only 5 games after all. However these plots aren't essential to the game-plan. It did feel good to have YKCI there, but it also makes me unable to play All Men Are Fools that turn.
- Riverrun Minstrel -> Sansa's Maid
- More Military Icons
- Tune the event lineup -> 2x Nightmares, 1x The Hand's Judgment and maybe remove Melee at Bitterbridge & Olenna's Machinations.
- Up the economy, in draw or plotdeck - The economy is very tight, if you see Redwyne Straits on setup you're golden. If you see nothing you're gonna have a rough time. Might go up to 3x Straits or Roseroad or try out the Arbor Vineyard(unlikely).
Build with me! I build decks with my Patreons: https://www.patreon.com/jesuisBuzz Follow me! Check out the livestreams, IronThrone-play, Second Sons, Tournaments, Great Beards and more: https://www.twitch.tv/jesuisbuzz
Andreas "Buzz" Aldrin