|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
|Assault from the Black Cells||13||10||6||1.0|
|Assault from the Black Cells (Kingsmoot 2020 winner)||3||3||0||1.0|
Assault is more than an insider tip, but I built my own little version without big guys or the R'hllor package. Instead of that, I'm going all in with the challenge theme. I came in second at our King at the Wall II tournament last weekend: https://thejoustingpavilion.com/tournaments/7554
- Try not to lose any challenges (Fickle Bannerman, The Red Keep (Core))
- Instead win them by 5 (Superior Claim, A Pinch of Powder, Support of the People).
- Other power challenge triggers include The Bastard of Nightsong and The Starry Sept.
- Dominating the challenge can make the deck surprisingly rushy. It's not rare that you have 4 or more triggers off winning a challenge. Pinch and Traitor help you win unopposed and you can have up to 3 renown characters for only 9 gold.
- 3x The Black Cells: This card is the reason to play Assault from the Shadows, so good!
- 3x Delena Florent: She can have a huge impact in many matchups.
- 3x Ghost of High Heart: The STR boost is nice already to trigger the win by 5 effects, but she can also solve many event-heavy matchups like Doran's Game or Last Giant Varys.
- 3x Traitor to the Crown: Traitor out of shadows is so much fun, especially if you can make a challenge fizzle.
- Fortified Position: This plot is THE control plot. Most of your characters are equal cost for STR, so still efficient. It's the only way can play its rare econ trick cards Fickle Bannerman and Royal Entourage with impunity. Fun trick: Blank your own guy with The Starry Sept instead of losing/kneeling them, then move the power to your faction card with Stormlands Fiefdom. You can also put them into shadows with the agenda.
- Honorable mention: The Iron Throne (LMHR), Begging Brother, Old Bill Bone, The Starry Sept, The Hand's Judgment
- I'm a big fan of the non-loyal package, ever since Tom of Sevenstreams in my Song deck. But Ghost of High Heart, Anguy the Archer, and The Hollow Hill are really efficient cards in many decks. Especially Hollow Hill is amazing to search for the character you need in certain situations.