|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|House Baratheon: Every Bended Knee||0||0||0||1.0|
The Host that was Promised
Alright, this one technically isn't a Weird Bara Deck, I've been slacking on those lately but I'll get additional write ups on them soon! Ahem, yes, The Prince that was Promised. Typically seen in Baratheon with Robert Baratheon (Core) or Stannis Baratheon (FotS), but I never felt like that deck was consistent due to vulnerabilities to negative attachments, Duel, and The Father. That got me wondering... Perhaps Azor Ahai isn't Stannis - it's the friends he made along the way!
Why Prince King Stannis's Host?
An Army? What? You can't attach a Bodyguard to that! Well, hear me out...
- No Attachments.
- The Army trait is protected against Duel, The Father, and the weird (but definitely Prince breaking!) Coldhands
- King Stannis's Host has Renown
- It's text makes the agenda trigger significantly easier: During challenges, each participating character an opponent controls gets -1 STR.
- Assault can foil a lot of great location cards in the current Stronghold meta
- Being able to tutor King Stannis's Host allows reliable usage of the For the Realm discount
Other Key Cards
- Storm's End (BtB). Trigger it on defense to maintain your board state early in the game. Trigger it on offense to close out in the late game. On a A Clash of Kings your opponent may just end up passing challenges.
- Ser Eldon Estermont. He grants 2 Storm's End (BtB) triggers in a round. Essentially, when he's out with Storm's End (BtB), your opponent can only make (and probably lose) against you.
- Our Lord and Savior. Huge icon with potential draw, stealth, and intimidate.
- His angry boat. Intimidate for Stannis and increased tempo for you. Renown is no longer safe for an opponent.
- Ser Cortnay Penrose. Him and the King Stannis's Host can attack or defend together essentially for free with the agenda trigger. Slap Warhammer on him for super easy agenda triggers.
- Shireen Baratheon (MoD). Her ability is better than stealth since it forces an opponent to kneel multiple characters to oppose you.
- The Red Keep (Core). Draw and additional win by 5 insurance.
It's a pretty straight forward deck. Win the challenges, and draw lots of cards. If it's a different challenge, use Storm's End (BtB) to make it . If you don't have Storm's End (BtB), use Bran the Builder to fetch it. If you have King Stannis's Host and Storm's End (BtB) on the board, you should be in a pretty solid position to win. Enjoy!